Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mt. Shredded Miniwheat.

My best friend Sarah. I talk about her constantly so, what is there to be said about her that I haven't already said? The answer is: SO MUCH. There are infinite synonyms I could use to say how much I love that girl but don't worry, I won't now. Instead, i will shine a dim, pretty, light on why we are so connected.

A life for a life:
We saved each others lives. My life may have been saved on a bathroom floor, but I'd like to think it really happened when she gave me inspiration to really live; to be the best me. Her life may have been saved over a bottle of ginger ale I brought her, however, I'd like to think it was from my constant prodding to know her, in darkness and light. The truth is we save each others lives everyday. We do this because we share a twisted, morbid and selfish fear; being without the other.

One look at Sarah's boots and piercing stare, you'd think she was anything but fragile. The beauty in knowing someone really well is that you see things that only few get to. For instance, I've always looked at her and seen a fragility, a fragility that I feel the need to protect. My friend has been through enough and she deserves all the good in the world. If anyone or anything threatens that, I will be there to take it for her or deflect it. I wouldn't want it any other way. It makes me so proud to say that she has gained such a healthy voice for herself that I, now, don't feel that she needs my protection. I couldnt be happier to relinquish It too, However, if a tear is ever shed behind that stare, I will do what any best friend would do: protect her with hugs and love... And a verbal beat down to whomever is responsible for making her feel bad.

Sarah once had a dream that she was climbing through a mini wheat. We talked about the dream then came to the conclusion that we'd have to be in separate bowls. She drinks soy and I can only drink 2% milk. It's funny how the imaginary idea of being separated bothered us. Sarah said to me, I will swim in your bowl with you.
A true friend will swim with you in your bowl of 2% milk Miniwheats because her bowl will have soy milk, and soy will kill you. This dream sums up our friendship. It's the little sacrifices we make, only to us it isn't a sacrifice, that truly bond us together. To us it's simply caring, and loving someone more than you love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment