Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Undomestic Goddess

* I don't like cooking every day and I'm only really good at making one thing, salmon.

*If I don't have a washer and dryer in my house, my laundry piles up.

*Grocery stores give me anxiety when I am looking for specific things.
Example: self rising flour.
I am ok with grocery stores when it's bathroom or kitchen supplies but, with all the different kinds of foods, it can stress me the frick out!

*I am a fan of organized mess and I don't really get too pissy if my house is a little messy (it looks lived in!)

*If I could never do another dish for the rest of my life, I'd be the happiest girl alive.

Okay, so not all of these things are things that most domestic goddess enjoy doing either but the point is, she'd wake up in the morning and do it. I, on the other hand, would choose to sleep rather than do it. Don't get me wrong, I'd do it...when it got to a certain point.

50's house wives are rolling over in their graves right now. Speaking of house wives, when I'm in a relationship, I am SO much better about all this. I am less lazy. For instance, I will cook more. Sure, it won't a 4 course meal and I can't guarantee it will taste good but, I would enjoy doing it for that person. Also, when I lived with my ex, I'd do his laundry for him. Wait. Honestly, it was more like I would take out his clothes and put them in the dryer for him while he was at work. Anyways!! My apologies to the 50's homemakers. They are in the major leagues and I'm still in novice. I tip my hat to the women that have the domestic drive that I lack.

Thinking about all this makes me wonder if I am just setting myself up for failure in my future? That is unless the stars align and I find a man that likes to cook and go shopping. Would it be too much to hope to find someone that can tolerate and find humor in my inability to do domestic things. Am I reaching for the moon?

Thank goodness I live in the 21st century!

1 comment:

  1. No, it is NOT too much to hope. There are men who would rather do the cooking and cleaning, and let the woman do the entertaining and stand-up. And, so long as you make up for it in other ways *ahem* which I'm pretty sure you do *ahem* then all will be well.

    Wait, is your mom reading this?

    Whoops.

    ReplyDelete